Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat box must be draggable when Minimised also

Chat box must be draggable when Minimised also. But from some specific place on the chat bar. It will help to multiple click and then drag and then again it need to minimise as it covers more space then before.
    Better if it just drags in shape what it is. But click at one point on the bar must be to avoid unnecessary dragging due to click by mistake.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CNAME Masking of the Tawk.to URL

We use tawk.to as a pop-out chat.

Because of this the tawk.to url is displayed.

I think it would be a good idea to be able to mask the tawk.to URL with CNAME.

So then the URL would could be 'livechat.example.com'.

This shouldn't affect tawk in getting your name out of there as like with the chat being at the bottom of the page, your logo would be in the bottom right corner still :).

Cheers,
    Nick.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browser plugin for notifications & quick access

Hi team,

As of now in order to get live notifications about the new visitors, we need to either log in to the dashboard or have the app installed.

It's not always possible to have either of them (some companies won't allow phones at the workplace, some may have trouble working with multiple browser tabs due to performance issues). I belong to the second category, not always possible to keep Tawk dashboard tab open on my browser.

We recently solved a similar problem for our SaaS app by publishing a browser plugin, which will notify the customer about the events…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate "Site", copy property - to duplicate the widgets, settings, triggers etc

Duplicate "Site" option - to duplicate the widgets and settings and triggers etc (without having to create them from scratch each time, which is time consuming when you have to modify all the colours, behaviours, content etc for each and every customer you want to deploy Tawk.to on.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Validation in pre-chat form for name, email

We should be able to make rules in the fields filled in by a visitor in order to have real data and avoid fake input, like: Name: S, Last name: S, Subject: S, Email: email@s.com

This will stop spam and fake emails being sent by users just trying to waste our time.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Report with total volumes of chats done in the month by agent

I need a report that shows the volume of calls from each operator per month. Listing all the attendants and the total of each one.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add chat button to email copy

Most live chat services provide you with the code to embed a chat button inside an email copy. This is very powerful in an email marketing campaign, as well as for personal emails, enabling the client to respond to an email straight away by engaging in a live chat.

It's not too complicated to implement and I would be happy to provide technical details from other services I've used.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change page title dynamically

I use the posting of new page information within iFrames and with dynamic scripts. The actual document page doesn't change, but "where" the visitor is within the site does change. I would like to be able to the document tag title to a new name without the page reloading so the Tawk app sees the page title change.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bad word filter or at least have them turn into *****

A bad word Filter option would really benefit this chat system, allowing me to ban certain words or at least have them turn into ***** these?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Optional chat preview

We have had some negative reactions to the «preview»-function in the chat window. Turns out our customers aren't too happy about psychic agents.

For now we have solved this issue by adding a text in the chat window: "Please note that in order to provide the best possible service, we can see what you write before you press the send button"
    We believe this is not the best way to gain our customers trust, and we are afraid many will avoid chatting because of this.

The best solution would be if this preview-function was optional. We want to be able…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being able to send a secure form for visitors to fill out so visitors feel comfortable sending private information

When a customer sends private information such as last 4 digits of credit card number or security question etc we should be able to create a secure forum for each question we want to ask securely and once we ask them to fill it out and they submit it we will be able to see what they wrote. just so customers feel safe when entering private information :D

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. keyboard shortcuts

add keyboard shortcut to end an active chat, send a ticket, or ban someone maybe? it must be easier to just press keyboard combination rather than moving the cursor to the corner of the window

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. a per agent scheduler

I like the scheduler feature, but it would be great to manage a schedule per agent and not per widget. Or on top of the widget's schedule.
    I use Tawk.to on several websites with agent in different continent. We offer a 7/24 chat on the websites but each new chat make rings every agents phones or desktop app all over the word and we do need to sleep sometimes :-)
    A schedule per agent would solve this problem;
    thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the chat background colour to be customised

It would be great if the background colour of the chat widget itself could be customised from the default white to any colour.
    I have a black, blue and yellow colour scheme. The yellow user message box doesn’t look very good against the white background, the blue agent message box does but both message box types would look good on a black widget background.
    I’m surprised this hasn’t already been added as there’s customisation options for everything else.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit Ticket

I would like to be able to edit a ticket, because when we type something wrong like the name of the recipient for example, we have to delete and create another ticket, losing a sequence

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Report the monthly availability of site agents

I need to know if my agents are actually online and how long per day/month, and be able to present this to them

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the content after visitor sends offline message

Possibility to change "Your message was sent successfully" which is shown after offline massage is sent. Question is language wise, my whole site is not in English and it is strange that customer is said thank you in different language

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Return transcript and user object on the chat end

Please add a new event to return transcript and user object over JavaScript API when the chat is over.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reporting

Data, data, data is key to making decisions. We need to be able to measure in order to manage.

Current workaround we have deployed

- We copied all the data i.e. Missed Chat, FRT, Chat Duration
    - Fed all the data into Tableau
    - Made our own interactive visual
    - Pull in data from our current CRM

This is to produce:

- Chat Stats
    - No Of Request we serviced, measure case deflection
    - I have been very impressed with the tool so far.

The one item i really need is stats by agent. I have a starting team of…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Insert clickable hyperlinks in chats

Would be nice if I could create hyperlinks in the shortcuts so that when chatting with a customer I could quickly and easily insert a clickable link to a product page. This would greatly increase calls to action and conversions.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base