Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. chat transfer to another agent.

Please give us the option to transfer the chat to another agent

1,196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable queue

Hello,
    A queue could be nice, because if you have many people on the livechat, and only are one agent online, then a queue could be good to have. For exempel, when 6 users write to me, at the same time, I can't answer them all at the time. So a queue system could be very good! Exempel: You are number 6 in the queue. Or your own custom message.

1,193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  120 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically change status to away when inactive

if i am in the admin panel, and i am online. but i walk away from my desk i would like my status to auto change to offline or away when there is no activity for 30 minutes ( or a set amount of time )

860 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    81 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback.

On the web, we can only detect mouse or keyboard movements when a person is using the web browser. But if that same person is not using the web browser, he can be using other software but but still be at the computer (online), meaning he is just waiting for another incoming message and not using the web browser.

So, We cannot detect the difference and if we implement an automatic away functionality, it would be inaccurate. That’s not what we are about.

Hope this answers your question.

4. Offer more themes for the chat window

The current embed widget doesn't work well for all website themes. It would be great if you offered several different styles of embed widgets or allowed full CSS customization.

858 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    123 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi dear tawkers,

It’s been a while since this has been visited but we have made several improvements to the widget styling but we know that you want A LOT more.
    No worries, this is still in the plans, we just need to develop a few other important features before we start tackling this.

Will keep you updated!

5. To export all your user data and chat history into csv files

Would be really useful to have all your data exported on csv or spreadsheet files, for instance your user data information name, email because you can contact them later with email marketing campaigns. And your history to check usual behaviors on your customers

846 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  108 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rate agent on chat end

Review agent pages that appear when a chat is ended have more chance of collecting the users ratings than the in-chat thumbs.

Maybe include stars, single and message input fields.

758 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  64 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive (Co-Browsing) with visitor

Imagine, trying to help someone 'learn' a process by demonstration (or by leading them) to pages. The chat already shows what page they're on. If that link could open a new window or modal, and you could say something like "Look at the upper right corner of your window" - the operator then clicks their screen which in turn 'highlights' (possibly with a heatmap style pulse on their page), at which point the admin continues "Here you'll type your login information and press the submit button" .. cutting edge opportunity here for tawk.to for interaction. ;)

675 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  41 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extraction of customer name for shortcuts: example: Hello %visitor.name%, My name is.....

it would be useful to have a the ability to create a Greeting/Hello shortcut with a feature such as %visitor.name% so end users receive a more personalised experience... it might also be useful to enable tawk.to attendees to include %agent.name% which would automatically extract the attendees name and add it to the personalised message

660 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. E-mail template or editable mail.

Please give an opportunity to edit the email context that is sent to the visitors or there may be email templates that can be modified when necessary.

So you can create a text which fits exactly to your company. That means:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Hi ___
    Your message has been received and is currently being reviewed by our team.
    For your reference, this ticket id is #___.

It would be better If you could decide by yourself what text you are using

536 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have the avaibility to change GMT timezone for chat transcript email

When we receive email notification after a chat, the time is GMT+0. It will be great to setup the widget with the right GMT time to send transcript with the good time zone.

525 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  78 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a Zappier App

Simply put, Zapier lets you easily connect the web apps you use, making it easy to automate tedious tasks. --

I use it for simple things, like Retweeting a company post to various locations as me, or another twitter user.

We (users of tawk) could use it to do things such as:
    Create MailChimp Subscriber from Tawk
    Create Zoho, SugarCRM or Salesforce CRM Lead from Tawk Transcript
    Create Tweet from each new chat session (such as "We're helping Someone right now. #NeedAssistance - #JustTawk http://shor.url/forsupport"

Zappier works off hooks and API's, which you guys know better than us :)…

494 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with Slack Platforms

Slack is a platform for team communication: everything in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go. Slack is free to use for as long as you want and with an unlimited number of people.

With Tawk.to integrated to Slack, it will make mine and all users working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  74 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow integration with Google Analytics

It would be great if there was a way to optionally bind Google Analytics events to opening the live chat button, and ideally leaving an offline message as well. We like to track as many site interactions as we can, but not sure how I can bind any events to button clicks as there's an iframe container, so it would have to fire on your end.

441 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram and more

This will allow us to respond not only messages coming from the live chat but also from our facebook pages. Being able to answer e-mails and other chat services such as telegram would also be great! This will save us a ton of time because it allows us to manage all our visitor's messages coming from many different sources in a single place.

434 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  50 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Desktop Notification configuration

Desktop notification should be configurable.
    1>Length of time on screen should be adjustable.
    2>Option to keep on screen until answered.
    3>Re-notify agent when chat resumes from existing visitor instead of only once per session.
    4>Re-notify of continuing chat when agent has multiple chats going.

Remember we all have other things (jobs) to do beside staring at the Tawk Dashboard.

418 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screen capture

What about screen capturing the visitors screen when for example the visitor has some problems with the website, the user clicks on a button and it will take a screenshot from the current page only and send it to the agent.

415 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Filter out own people (by IP or name) from monitoring

We have a lot of people in our company that use the website while building new features. I see all of these on the monitoring board which is noise when I want to see the real visitors.

I'd like to filter them out.

I'd suggest to filter them out either
    - by using the IP address (which is proably the easiest)
    or
    - by name (everyone needs to enter a name and then I add them to a group 'own people' and then they are filtered out)

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Currently the only way is to ban by IP, but in this case the widget won’t appear for that user as well.
    To ban by IP, please go to Admin – Ban List – click Ban IP button.

18. Multiple languages to choose for chatting

allow users to select different language for chatting

353 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  35 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mobile and Desktop widget independent positioning

It was nice if it were possible for example to have the chat widget in the bottom on the desktop, and for example on the right side on the mobile

333 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  81 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Seen" function

It will be great to have that function "Seen" like in Facebook, that agents can see or clients read their message

332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 102 103
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base