Feedback

Suggest a new feature or improvement to current ones to make tawk.to the best service available!

To report a bug, please write to support@tawk.to describing the issue you are facing with screenshots (if necessary).

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. chat transfer to another agent.

Please give us the option to transfer the chat to another agent

1,196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable queue

Hello,
    A queue could be nice, because if you have many people on the livechat, and only are one agent online, then a queue could be good to have. For exempel, when 6 users write to me, at the same time, I can't answer them all at the time. So a queue system could be very good! Exempel: You are number 6 in the queue. Or your own custom message.

1,193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  120 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extraction of customer name for shortcuts: example: Hello %visitor.name%, My name is.....

it would be useful to have a the ability to create a Greeting/Hello shortcut with a feature such as %visitor.name% so end users receive a more personalised experience... it might also be useful to enable tawk.to attendees to include %agent.name% which would automatically extract the attendees name and add it to the personalised message

660 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow integration with Google Analytics

It would be great if there was a way to optionally bind Google Analytics events to opening the live chat button, and ideally leaving an offline message as well. We like to track as many site interactions as we can, but not sure how I can bind any events to button clicks as there's an iframe container, so it would have to fire on your end.

441 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Telegram and more

This will allow us to respond not only messages coming from the live chat but also from our facebook pages. Being able to answer e-mails and other chat services such as telegram would also be great! This will save us a ton of time because it allows us to manage all our visitor's messages coming from many different sources in a single place.

434 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  50 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter out own people (by IP or name) from monitoring

We have a lot of people in our company that use the website while building new features. I see all of these on the monitoring board which is noise when I want to see the real visitors.

I'd like to filter them out.

I'd suggest to filter them out either
    - by using the IP address (which is proably the easiest)
    or
    - by name (everyone needs to enter a name and then I add them to a group 'own people' and then they are filtered out)

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Currently the only way is to ban by IP, but in this case the widget won’t appear for that user as well.
    To ban by IP, please go to Admin – Ban List – click Ban IP button.

7. Android and Ios SDK

It would be great to have an Android and Ios SDK to add chat service to our existing apps.

240 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Agent permissions

Add permissions so that agent couldnt ban / ignore the user. And that the "Admins" could sellect the permissions for them :)

Ideas from comments:
    - Option to choose if Agent should get offline messages or not;
    - Option for unbanning people by agents;
    - Who can only see reports for a particular website;
    - Who can and can't see the analytics;
    - Who can whisper;
    - Who can edit global shortcuts;
    - Disable "+Add" property;
    - Forbid users to rename/create aliases;
    - Another agent shouldn't see other agent conversations;
    - Select countries to which agent is restricted to answer…

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there dear tawker,

We are currently planning on developing granular permissions that will solve this problem.

Hope this will be solved in the near future.

9. Customize widget colors, bubble for online/offline status

The color of the chat widget is currently green (or other color chosen in dashboard) whether you are online or not.
    I would like the widget icon/color to be red instead of green when the chat is in offline status.

The Bubble Chat only appears when the widget is online. We have our Widget on a schedule and would love to have the bubble when the widget is offline too.
    Can bubbles also change the name into " Click Here" in order to remind the visitors that he can leave offline message for us.

173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Google translate option

Please provide a google translation option to directly translate the user language into english if the customer default language is not english and vice versa

So if the customer is from Germany and if he is typing in German then our system should translate into english for the agent and when agent type anything , System should translate it to German for the customer.

Above feature is already available with many other chat providers. Please build this as this is very important feature.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  29 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The visitor can see the last chat record

Many visitors feedback, why can't I see my last chat history? Please improve the software to lock the visitor IP, visitors can see the last chat record when they open the software for the second time.

Conversation history could look like in next idea:
    https://tawk.uservoice.com/forums/228427-feedback/suggestions/35792506-intercom-style-conversations

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for the request, it’s is in our plan to create “never-ending” chat, so on visitor return it would open the same chat with all previous messages.

12. Add a public facing knowledge base

It would be great to integrate a public knowledge base like the one you guys have: https://www.tawk.to/knowledgebase/ So that customers can search for their own answrs first or when chat is offline. This will minimize the amount of chatting and ticket submissions for simple questions.

Hosting that on a white label space like support.yourdomain.com via CNAME records would be best so that the user never feels like they've left your site.

Custom headers/footers and navigation would help with the experience.

Best part of all of this is that you tackle almost all of the support needs in one place: chat,…

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support Wordpress WPML (translation plugin) so that the right chat language shows

WPML is the biggest Wordpress pugin. I'd like the chat to show the right language. My customer's language depends on the language they chose (in WPML).

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OpenCart extension - multistore/multilanguage

OpenCart allows use of multiple languages within a single install. Essentially, they allow multilingual stores.

OpenCart also allows multiple stores running on a single install/instance. It is a multistore software.

So the talk.to OpenCart extension setting page should allow:
    1. Mapping of each OpenCart store to a talk.to site
    2. Mapping of each installed language for each OpenCart store to a talk.to widget within that OpenCart store.

Store 1
    ----Choose talk.to site ----
    ----English
    --------Choose widget--------
    ----German
    ----French
    Store 2
    ----Choose talk.to site ----
    ----English
    ----German
    ----French

In terms of…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Gumanjee,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working on updating all of our integrations and this is a feature will be included after the update.

Hope this helps!

15. Change the dashboard make us easier to see all customer chats

Hello dear tawk.to ,

First and foremost i like to use tawk.to a lot we'r also using different wisgets like zopim and our website which has tawk is a bit difficult to catch all the customers with it in our prime times we'r getting 18-20 chats and its hard to catch for 2 agents they need to scroll every 4 chats to see what our customers are typing so i'm suggesting something for this

What am i suggesting ?

-make something similar like Zopim has get the chats at the bottom so we can see 20 chats at once and…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ho there dear tawkers,

We have planned a complete redesign of the dashboard once we finish all design for the new mobile apps.

Hold on tight, it’s coming in the next few months!

16. Reporting mechanism

Have a feature wherein automated reports can be sent out to the registered mail IDs - engaged chats, missed chats, traffic etc. Much better for showcasing performance of app.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate with Shopify more

I've used another chat app that also integrated with Shopify. They had a really useful feature that shows what a visitor has in their cart.
    They also had the option to trigger a chat window when a visitor would abandon their cart (so cart > checkout > cart = chat window popup).

It would also be great to see a sales history of some sort, so you can improvise offering discount codes without having to look up visitors in Shopify.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Optional Admin department notifications

As a site Admin, a user will be notified about all incoming chats regardless of the department the user selects or the department that the agent/admin is part of.

Please can you make it optional so that as an admin I can choose whether I receive all notifications or just my department notifications.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rob,

We have actually planned out a feature that would enable incoming chat delegation by Agent access. In the mean time, we are also working on granular permissions that would enable/disable certain functionality. It will take time to implement but it’s coming.

Hope this helps!

19. iOS app badge notification

Currently banner notifications show when someone messages. But if I miss the banner then I'm not aware of anyone waiting to chat. It would be good if the actual app icon had a badge notification showing number of chats waiting for me to respond to. I have tried using the pop-up notification instead of banner, however this just gives a lot of pop-ups and each one has to be clicked to close.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  IOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Activate/Deactivate Sleep Mode on Monitoring Tab / Change Information Table Size

The new Monitor feature could be good, but with the current acitvate (and can not be deactivated) Sleep Mode, the new feature would be destroyed. Monitoring means: Sit and See! So please let the customer the choice if the activate the sleed mode or not.

An other needed fix is to make the informations line/tables on the Monitorinside flexibel and resizable. Some Pages have long URL or Site Title and on Monitor with more than 1366x768 Pixel) theres enough space on the right side available, so that it must be possible that the customer can resize the information lines.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base