I suggest you ...

Admin Feature to Change Status of Other Admins/Agents

Allow admins to change the status of other admins/agents.

Preferably it would have the same options as if you were changing it for yourself (both the 'Online', 'Away' and 'Invisible' options and the 'Accept chats from' toggles), but changeable for other admins/agents.
An option on the Manage Agents page to 'Allow admin status change' would also be useful.

We've had users start livechats countless times when none of our admins/agents were online and one of them forgot to change their status. The user would expect for someone to join as it says 'Online'.
This can be quite damaging to a business that relies on livechat support being a selling point.

I understand the there's been similar ideas to this posted before, but I feel mine is slightly more in depth.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ultan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to see which agents are signed in as admin. I would also like to force agents to sign out as the admin.

• Serena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

occasionally someone forgets to log out and go invisible. If this happens an admin should be able to change this for that customer service person.

• Jonas De Kegel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that your idea gains more traction since we are experiencing the EXACT same issue, where I've wished to be able to change the status.

A temporary workaround I've executed multiple times because of the lack of this feature is just disabling the agent status, which can cause more issues then it solves, but it's better then a false-positive online.

Alternatively agents should go into away/offline automatically, especially when their computer is turned off!

Feedback and Knowledge Base