I suggest you ...

Filter out own people (by IP or name)

We have a lot of people in our company that use the website while building new features. I see all of these on the monitoring board which is noise when I want to see the real visitors.

I'd like to filter them out.

I'd suggest to filter them out either
- by using the IP address (which is proably the easiest)
or
- by name (everyone needs to enter a name and then I add them to a group 'own people' and then they are filtered out)

342 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mathias Bader shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion.

Currently the only way is to ban by IP, but in this case the widget won’t appear for that user as well.
    To ban by IP, please go to Admin – Ban List – click Ban IP button.

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Malte Fischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to exclude an IP address.

In our case, we are using our website as a tool in the office as well, so it would be brilliant, if we could exclude our own IP address, so the chat does not pop all the time and - more importantly - we dont mess up the statistics, if 8 people are sitting all day with the website open in three different tabs.

• Jelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To provide the option to block local traffic showing up in monitoring section in dashboard etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any news on this? Our site is used by staff and I would like to ignore any IP that we use (several locations, several IPs).

Allow companies to exclude their IP from the widget so staff don't show as visitors on the site

Hi, my idea is to have some ip address not emitting any sounds and not counting on the visitors stadistics as those ip are from our devs that are updating the web site

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of good ideas here. tawk.to uses cookies to keep track of visitors, even through IP changes, so it would be pretty simple to just filter out anyone who has a cookie from using the dashboard.
        Just don't make it so the chat window disappears from agent's own view of their website. This makes it difficult to test things as well as confirm that your tawk.to is on / functioning properly. This is the biggest problem with filtering your own IP or banning yourself.

• Federico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone,

There´s one problem for us, we have dynamic IP´s and usually we are working outside the office, what I propose is to have a Google Extension like block yourself from analytics, It will work everywhere.

I would like to suggest to filter the user-agent header to exclude well-known search engine bots

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But they (and I) want to be able to see the widget on the webpage. A better solution is to add a tag to the chat if the Ip address is yours.

Thank you Ryan Thornton.
        Banning my development team's public IP seems to work. We can do this through Admin -> Ban IP.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's fairly trivial to just tell your website to do this kind of checking server side, and not include the tawk.to javascript if the request matches a specified IP.

• Karl Mariner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a filter for IP addresses so you can remove yourself from live chat view and still see the widget locally on the website. The 'Ban' option removes the widget from view until a user activates a chat.

• BadMin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started using the tool, assumed filtering out your own IP was a base feature. Please add we never want to count our traffic in the reporting or live monitor.

• Jim Cunliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As google analytics do.

Ability to ignore site visits from staff/agents or workplace when one front end.

Settings / ignore IP

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base