I suggest you ...

Filter out own people (by IP or name) from monitoring

We have a lot of people in our company that use the website while building new features. I see all of these on the monitoring board which is noise when I want to see the real visitors.

I'd like to filter them out.

I'd suggest to filter them out either
- by using the IP address (which is proably the easiest)
or
- by name (everyone needs to enter a name and then I add them to a group 'own people' and then they are filtered out)

390 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mathias Bader shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my office colleagues to see the widget and whether it is active etc, but I don't want to include them in the list of visitors for monitoring etc.

• Chris Mortimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Banning your IP is rather over the top and not intuitive. Would be better to have a separate function in the admin section.

• Krishna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to provide an option to block local traffic showing in monitoring section with the IP address.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to hide an specific IP from agent monitoring window, but stay showing the widget for user.
    This is useful to hide my own fixed IP on the agent monitoring window and maintain all website functionality for service check reasons.

Be useful to add a list of IPs not to track. SO for example you add your office IP so staff don't show up in the visitor list etc.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone else want this feature? Just that the daily figures are distorted by our own staff or developers staff when working on the site....or are we doing something incorrect?

It could be useful to have a feature to remove all the historic data and visitors, traffic, analysis, messages, etc for a period of time, because when you make own test on your own website, it gather and save all your fake data that represents only test traffic...
    Best

• aneel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whenever i am visiting my own site the chat shows that a visitor is online

i want to ignore all my ips

bec there is always a confusion for us ..who is us and who is client

Please add that if the IP address is logged into the dashboard - it does not show as a chat user or track there history on the site.

• Noufal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because each time i am entering my site it is showing my own IP as a visitor. So i need feature to avoid my own IP show in visitors list

• Karl Mariner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Presently it looks like you can block IP addresses on a session basis but having the ability to create a permanent list of IP address filtering would be much more beneficial.

Feedback and Knowledge Base