I suggest you ...

A few important suggestions on customization, integration/webhooks/api

Hi,

CUSTOMIZATION/A FEW FEATURES:
- Able to make more customization to the widget.

1. add margins to left or right of the widget. For example, I have a "Back to Top" on the right corner of my website, and I am placing the chatbox to the right aswell... I cannot have both. Simply because the chatbox is hiding the "Back to Top". What I would want is the ability to add an option to add a space between the widget and the scrollbar.

2. An option to replace the current "..." to "Elle is currently typing..." or "Elle and AnotherOperator are currently typing..."

3. Submit button - I do not like the button being full width or having the same span/width as to the widget. Can it look like a button?

4. Showcase agents on the chat widget, and:
5. Option to display "Last time active..."

6. Ability to add background patterns in the widget.

7. Emoji nowadays are great. Would be awesome to implement this and transform automatically any text smilies.

8. Delay animation when opening the widget.

9. Spell checker on agent's end.

10. Sometimes, people have meetings or are in a hurry. Support on the go: Ability for the visitor to transfer from desktop to mobile.

11. More powerful triggers. Ability to add a video/image.

12. @mentions to another agent.

INTEGRATION/WEBHOOKS/API:
1. Live profile. See their profile based on their given email. Much better to provide support by knowing your visitors while supporting them.

2. I would love to make a script to integrate tawk.to and WHMCS (I personally use this for managing support and billing), is there such kind of api/webhooks I can do?

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Elle Hong shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi there Elle,

Thank you for the detailed list of suggestions!
    We actually have other users requesting most of the things you have listed and we are planning on developing some of them in the near future.

About WHMCS, we have a basic script available here which allows you to add the Widget to it. We will be working soon on updating and upgrading the integrations + adding new ones. Just a little patience is what we ask.

More on the current WHMCS integration, see here: https://www.tawk.to/knowledgebase/plugins-and-modules/add-a-tawk-to-widget-to-whmcs/

Thank you for the ideas and hope this helped you a little bit.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elle Hong commented  · 

Forgot to add view of history (on visitor's end) based on browser and based on email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base