I suggest you ...

Mobile and Desktop widget independent positioning

It was nice if it were possible for example to have the chat widget in the bottom on the desktop, and for example on the right side on the mobile

309 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pedro Pereira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the mobile terminal displays the chat button, it blocks some content.
        Resolution: When selecting image positioning, you can increase the offset value up and down.

• Katelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin said this was possible over a year ago, but this is an issue we are having now and the tawk.to chat agent said it was not an option to have the widget located in one place on the desktop but in a separate place on the mobile.

The behavior of the Desktop and Mobile widget should have some independence do to real-estate limitations on mobile. The desktop widget should be-able to be set "Center left/right" without affecting the position of the mobile widget "Bottom left/right". The mobile widget should also be able to be hidden.
        Thanks

• Dayle Senior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

X and Y positioning of the widget, and allow separate positioning for mobile as to desktop allowing the user to choose the perfect positioning for their site.

Reason: My company currently has a desktop widget which works perfectly. However our mobiles theme has 3 widgets at the bottom of the screen (Account, Search, Cart) which the tawk chat widget overlays directly over the Cart widget - NOT GOOD!
        I was told by two tawk agents that I can move my widget elsewhere such as in the middle of the screen left aligned...but this would be applied to the desktop's widget - ALSO NOT GOOD!

So, we had to result in not using tawk chat on mobile devices! In my opinion, the tawk chat looks odd when in the center and aligned left, and also looks odd anywhere at the top as it laps over vital site information. The bottom left corner people never look.

So users NEED an option to place it in a specific place.

• Zakaria Ahmed Zahid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If use setup Position "Center Right" for desktop then also possible to change mobile Position.
        Ex: Desktop should be shown "Center Right" and Mobile Should be shown "Bottom Right"

• Thiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish we had a way to haver differents positios for the mobile widget and for the web widget.

Example:

Web Widget : Bottom right

Mobile widget : Bottom left

• Potato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the option to position the desktop & mobile version widget on different locations. It is more convenient to put the widget on bottom-left on mobile, but on desktop it may be better to position on center-left.

• Octa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shifting the mobile chat bubble from the bottom (with percentage as michale campbell said, or with pixels) it is quite important. There are sharing buttons (like sharethis, addthis) that on mobile they fit very nicely on the bottom of the page (sticky) . The chat bubble appears over the sharing buttons. If we could shift it up like 20-30px would be great

• Aleksey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My site have width limits for text blocks, like a lot of other site in the world. And if we are talking about Chat Icon - I NEED to pay attention of visitors to this feature. If I put this icon at the right bottom - it's inconspicuous. So the best way to put it to the middle at the right.

At the same time, mobile version of the website don't allow me to make the content narrow (because of the small sizes of phone screens). So on mobile phones the text is fullscreen. And if I put this icon to the middle - it's disturbs during the reading very much - because hidden the last words in the line.

• Gustavo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the position options set by breakpoint (mobile/desktop).

Totally agree with that. Currently the chat widget is conflicting my mobile layout of the website. Setting up a custom position for the mobile widget would fix this

• Erick Barron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is needed because currently the chat bubble is blocking my social modes buttons on the bottom. This wouldn't be an issue if we had a way of customizing the position by an offset amount of pixels. I have tried some custom CSS to position the chat bubble higher, but for some reason the z-index doesn't work and the chat gets hidden.

• Brandon Shoals commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of now if we choose a position of the widget location, the widget will have same location in desktop and mobile. Can we have like different positions independent of other locatio

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base