I suggest you ...

Mobile and Desktop widget independent positioning

It was nice if it were possible for example to have the chat widget in the bottom on the desktop, and for example on the right side on the mobile

339 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pedro Pereira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • aldee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be greate if we could configure desktop and mobile widget differently. As i would like to implement a custom button for mobile but use the default one on desktop. I need to be able to config the "Hide widget on load" differentely on mobile and desktop

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have mobile icon positioning options in the same way the normal chat icon for desktop can be moved around.

• Emil Moe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree on this. Alternatively an API could be published that allows us to build our own widget from scratch.

• Conor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Talking with support today they said that they don't allow the text to be editable because only a four letter word can fit there...

But it would be nice to have control over what 4 letter word ;).. Whether that's just like the desktop widget, or whether it's a dropdown menu of pre-defined words that fit.

For me, when offline I'd love for it to say "Contact" instead of "Mail". Maybe it could be "Contact" without the icon?

Anyway - I'd love for this to change!

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Tawk.to Team,

I am a happy user of Tawk.to, I hope you could add some new features:

1. 1. I want to use tawk to as lead generation tool on my business site. The desktop version is OK, however the mobile version we can only see a button. If we could customize it as a bar with CTA headline and choose to stick it at top or bottom, that would be fantastic.

2. Could you add feature like this tool: https://keyreply.com/chat ? We could display multiple instant messaging account with your mobile widget so that our customer could have more options to reach us.

Thanks.

Neil

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    As I read on the previous post on Mobile widget, there are many people complaint about it and you said that you have updated it! I only can see on my dashboard the old tiny icons which are not visible. Please fix theme.

We offer web based sms services, 50% of our chat requests come from mobile clients who confuse the chat icon and think they are sending an SMS. My suggestion is to allow us to change the image that shows on mobile phones or provide us with an option that is clear and concise. Like: Support Chat, Customer Help, etc. Instead of just displaying Chat.

• Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you give only 2 options - a rounded bubble and a bubble with the word Chat on it.

We would like to change the mobile widget icon and add text to it, similar to how it is realised on desktop widget.

Thanks!

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you love Tawk.to's live chat like I do, then you might find it frustrating that there's somewhat of a lack of customization options for how the widget looks.

Many websites require a certain look/style, as an example (Flat websites). The widget will look out of place. Seamless integration is very important sometimes. At least for me it is.

Now I'm not saying we need to be able to edit every little bit of CSS, but being able to change the individual elements would be great.

For instance being able to set individual colours for the border around the widget or remove it all together, and the pixel height of the Header, body and footer of the widget. The margin on the bottom, removing the button to pop the chat out. Things like that.

• Maxwel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desktop chat box is properly visible but in mobile chat solution is almost invisible. Even when i am approaching user for chat, there is nothing strong activity to draw attention of user. It should be more eye catcher.

• Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good evening, I wondered if it was possible to add an improvement, being able to decide where to move the widget independently on the mobile site and on the desktop, for example at the bottom right on the mobile site and in the top left corner on the desktop site, finally be able to resize the size of the widget in the mobile site to your liking, thanks

• Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the shadow / border is a big one, even a simple option to remove them would be magnificent!!

Hopefully, you guys take a look at this and add the option soon.

It would be great if you add an option to have mobile widget both maximize and pop out. It's not quite cool when you take user away from the site

On the mobile widget once you click on it, there is no ''welcome'' message, like in the desktop version where you have : Say something to start a live chat..

• Anuschka Henn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes thats totally what i want to say. The same widget on mobile phone as in the desktop screen version would be perfect!

• Miguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the need for more customization options, I can't change border-color freely, I wanted to use text-shadow on the widget title, maybe someone would like to use a gradient as title background or add box-shadow to the chat box;

You could add some way of adding custom CSS to at least parts of it, or add more customization options at the appearance tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base