I suggest you ...

The visitor can see the last chat record

Many visitors feedback, why can't I see my last chat history? Please improve the software to lock the visitor IP, visitors can see the last chat record when they open the software for the second time.

Conversation history could look like in next idea:
https://tawk.uservoice.com/forums/228427-feedback/suggestions/35792506-intercom-style-conversations

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi, thank you for the request, it’s is in our plan to create “never-ending” chat, so on visitor return it would open the same chat with all previous messages.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LIVE Chat windows should shows all chat history of visitor and agent. For example if visitor initiated the chat then visitor and agent can see entire conversation that had done previously.

• Tobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the visior is offline, you should can write him back, and when he comes back later he should see the messages and can reply to it.

• Tech Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We’ve actually moved off tawk to onto intercom as it caused such an issue with duplicate data. It seems updates on tawk to are pretty slow. It proved great as a proof of concept for live chat and we may fall back onto it but so far intercom is proving very good

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create it as soon is possible , it will increase chats with our users and we can check who has requested, asked , what chat we did previously.
        Waiting for it

Yes, it will be great, if chat will be continue when wisistor back. Just reopen the browser make new chat and it is very anoying :<

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it will be great, if chat will be continue when wisistor back. Just reopen the browser make new chat and it is very anoying :<

I like your chat, but my clients some times look for my previous anwers and they doestn exist anymore. Please. it will be very helpfull

Chat on the movile devices (safari) get closed 3 minutes the after chat is open and you switch to a different app, once you go back to the chat it is closed, and the dashboard show you that "the visitant has left". Since the 95% of my visitants use mobile devices it is a big impact. I hope you can create “never-ending” chat also on mobile browsers.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a privacy concern when various company employees (all with the same ip) visit. Please allow for a disable. I don't want other employees of the same company reading other chats.

After getting the visitor details, based on the details the visitor should be able to see the previous chat(like facebook).

after complete thechat cnversation, if guest again login the chat guest can see his previous chat conversation.

• Roman Šurla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

History of chats from same costumer should be loaded automatically to the last (open) chat that operator would know right away what is the subject of chat... Maybe could be limitation of loading of 3 last chats ....

Roman

• Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the feature that chats would be saved, like when you open the chat window you could see the previous conversations from "x time" before or just start a new chat.

This would be a huge improvement to overal chat experience.

I know this requires server space, but if you could implant a remote database connection to a users account to store these messages and data on own servers?

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But if we have a pre-chat form asking for email, then you know which user it is.

• Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of starting each chat fresh, if it's a repeat visitor, especially one who provided an email address, then why not display the past messages in the chat window, to them and to the operator? This could be integrated with the ticket system you're developing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base