I suggest you ...

Have on mobile pop up with a trigger-message

when the trigger start, the trigger sentence have to pop up with a little screen just for the size of one sentence,, the visitor have to see it imidiatly and not just the little nomber "1" at the head of the icon
In all chats services uts work that way

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Avi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi!
On mobile we can’t change this behaviour at this time.
Since the chat is full-screen, it would be bad user experience to interrupt visitor from viewing your website.
On PC browser trigger will open a chat to show trigger message to a visitor.

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ned Yousef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Admin, Thank you for your reply. I think if you leave up to the site owner to decide if it is a bad experience or necessary based on the trigger they define. The problem is most mobile responsive visitors do not know that the chat service actually exists. Another suggestion it to enable the text message bubble on the widget which can show a little message saying you can chat with us now and the visitor can disable it as you have for web.

• Anónimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on tidio chat, comm100 live chat, chatra, live chat etc
    there is a bubble that pops out when you invite a visitor to chat.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But on some websites its still popping up automatically on mobile browsers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic triggers can also be turned on in mobile phones. Notification icon is not enough.

• Cali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you add a "pop out" behaves on the mobile widget?As the "pop out" of PC website is more attractive to customers than only red dot available option on mobile widget.Our most of customers are from PC website,Almost no customers come from mobile phones.But the traffic of mobile phones is the majority.

Basically now the way its setup for desktop you can have the trigger message nicely popup while on mobile it will just show a blurb with a 1 that there's a message, would be nice if it can pop out the message just like on desktop

• Igor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if the trigger was displayed on mobile devices. Because notifications do not attract customers to enter the chat

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally disagree with ADMIN on this. Yesterday I sent in a request to support for this exact subject and have gotten no response yet - and probably will not after seeing this answer.

I see no reason why the mobile chat overlay could not be configured to accept an incoming trigger message in a fixed number of pixels high window instead of full-screen. We have tested this exact concept in Google Tag Manager and it scored 340% higher than getting the message in the "number in the chat bubble" for mobile conversions. We hard-coded the chat window to open at 400 pixels high. Problem is, we could not get the GTM script to work properly outside of a GTM implementation as it was causing issues in Chrome mobile (minimize button was acting like a back button).

How about you create an option and leave it up to us to decide? Either leave the trigger message in the default bubble OR in a 50% high window?

Mobile traffic is enormous these days. Improving mobile experience with tawk is crucial.

Please make the mobile chat pop-up like it does on PC. Massive attention grabber. I would pay you for that :)))

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if using auto triggers for user on mobile site to have an option for the auto triggers to show up on screen so that the customer can read it

Its very useful if you introduce popup chat window if visitor comes from mobile device
    small popup is enough but its very useful

I am trying to contact mobile users on my website, as I am unsure if a particular feature on my site is working for mobile users. The feature works on some models, but not on others. I would really like to find out what models the feature is compatible with.

I have tried to contact mobile users who visit the site to A: find out if the feature is working on their Device & B: Find out what device they are on.

I have had no luck with contacting mobile users because it doesn't display a popup on their screen, meaning that they usually do not see my message. Could you please make it an option to display messages to mobile users when trying to contact them as it only sends them a notification (which most people do not notice)

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I contacted support and they told me this option is not currently available, they told me to suggest this option for future versions.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently the chat box does not popup on mobile even when a trigger is set, it makes it look like a notification instead. since most of our traffic is mobile we want option to engage the user like we can with desktop.

Feedback and Knowledge Base