I suggest you ...

Google translate option

Please provide a google translation option to directly translate the user language into english if the customer default language is not english and vice versa

So if the customer is from Germany and if he is typing in German then our system should translate into english for the agent and when agent type anything , System should translate it to German for the customer.

Above feature is already available with many other chat providers. Please build this as this is very important feature.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Makbul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In livezilla has been this solved thru google's api translator. I received every month invoice from google for translated word. Translation from google is very cheap.

• Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you can implement a language selector in the visitor's widget :-)

• V.Michl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have the chat widget in multiple languages - depending on the visitor's language preferences

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our web app let user switch language (english / french), and translation occurs immediately. We'd love to see a way to change the widgets language (maybe through API).
    Of course we can put multiple widgets and only show the "good" one but this feels a bit hacky...

• Alexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I think, it should be possible to make appear the language of the widget content in the language that the visitor openes our website. I mean if a french-speaking person opens the chat, it will appear "bonjour", an italian-speaking person will see "buongiorno", etc.

My site has 5 kinds of language, I want to according to the customer's browser agent or cookie judge the customer's local language then chat window displays the local language. I know tawk has support for multiple languages, so this job is very simple, just judge then display the corresponding language.

• Claudio Fernandes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live chat translation please. This will be a game changer. Start with Portugues to English and vice versa. Then expand to other languages.

• Rahul Khedekar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If relative position is shown in Google translate (how many people have already reached 100 club etc.) then it will encourage translators to go for more.

• Alexson Viana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible translate the chat real time like google hangout ?
    I have english agent and japanes customer, how to translate in real time?

Hi,
    i suggest you to put a translation feature like in zopim chat, cause for ppl like me who work with strangers will be a great feature.
    Thanks for your support!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement this feature. It's a pain to use tawk and copy paste to google translate back and forth on a daily basis. its painful. Considering moving to another chat app with this feature.

• Chicho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be useful to have the option to specify custom translation for the whole front-end widget. It could be easy to do that via a simple javascript array structure to be added after the javascript declaration of the widget. This is just an idea....

For example:

From ->
    a.rollover.emailTranscriptOption={message:"Email Transcription"};

To something like ->
    a.rollover.emailTranscriptOption={message:arr["emailTranscriptOption"]};

var arr = {
    "emailTranscriptOption": "Email Transcription"
    };

In this way everyone can use costum translation without having to wait for a specific update of the translation. Does it make sense?

Thanks

• Bernardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the ability to chat with people in other languages by having Google Translate automatically detect and translate the text this way we can both chat in our own native languages easily.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base