I suggest you ...

Extraction of customer name for shortcuts: example: Hello %visitor.name%, My name is.....

it would be useful to have a the ability to create a Greeting/Hello shortcut with a feature such as %visitor.name% so end users receive a more personalised experience... it might also be useful to enable tawk.to attendees to include %agent.name% which would automatically extract the attendees name and add it to the personalised message

663 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to create shortcuts that automatically generate a client's name within them.

For example "Hi [Client Name], how can I help?".

• Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Johar!
    No, at the moment it's not implemented.
    I've merged your request, so there won't be duplicates and once we implement it, we would notify everyone who are subscribed to the request.

• Ruraband commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets say the chat has the pre-form enabled taking the clients name.

/hi

Hi {{client_name}}, blah blah blah....

Having tags to cover all the pre-form fields on offer would be good, plus a tag for the active agents name.

• Fernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a very useful feature in online chat systems, it is to be able to use the name of the person who initiates the chat automatically in a greeting .. for example "Hello CRIS welcome to customer service chat" .. I would like to be able Do that without having to write the client's name every time you start a chat

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this post still under review and how is this still not a feature!? Almost all other chat systems we have used have this and it makes a huge difference when setting up shortcuts and automatic messages.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a shortcut for the clients name that was filled out in the prechat form for example: /hi ** ---- where ** represents the clients name

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to pull the chatters name with someone like $name or %name in shortcuts or the chat box to make the experience more personal EG. Hello $name, I am Jack and I will be helping you today

• Mario Augusto Paglia Junior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest adding variables that automatically pull the name of the person who signed up on the form to request a chat. It would work as follows, for example, I registered the following variable in my automatic shortcut: "Hello $name$, how can we help?" Where $name$ would pull the name of the person that was filled out on the form. For example, "Hello Ricardo, how can we help?"

Do you think this is possible? I used LiveZilla for years and had this option, it is very good because it actually ends up breaking the ice a little with the client and does not seem like a 100% automatic message.

Awaiting return.

• Patrick Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merge tags would be a great new feature. Therefore, when creating shortcuts, such as a welcome message, we could use their name they enter for the chat. For example, Hello [first-name], how can I help you today?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great live chat feature as it provides a more personalized experience for the visitors. Looking forward to this being implemented =)

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here to suggest it but it looks like it's already done. We already have an extensive list of replies and if we could placeholder those responses with %username% or {{username}} then it'd make the response feel more human.

• Viktor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary to have a more human interaction with your customer without wasting significant time.

Would be a great feature to add.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base