I suggest you ...

Ban / limit / block / restrict country

I think the option is must that we should choose if we want to Enable or Disable Chat based on Region/state/country

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi!

We have implemented `Availability Restriction` feature for widget settings, where you can restrict by domain (already was available) and by country*.

To access this feature please go to:
    - Admin – select required Channel (Widget) – Availability Restriction.

• At the moment search works with lowercase letter (will be fixed soon to accept also uppercase).

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Arkaitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have understood you correctly I think you can actually do this right now.

Go to Admin > Triggers and add an advanced tigger.
        Under conditions select under the verify part "Name of the country" and "not equal to" and choose the country you want to allow.

Then in the actions section add two actions:

1) Send a message and write something like. "Sorry our online support is only available in XXXXXXX (country name).

2) Block IP address

Best regards.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should allow you to set only accept messages from the intended country, or better, the widget should disappear if the visitor is not from the chosen country.

• Danyal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Tawk,
        I'm Danyal Please add new features for country block option, for example, my website target for USA right? but other members connect with a chat so this option available all country block and only USA Country open right. thank you

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. This would be very helpful for mechanic workshops and dentists who can only service local customers. Would be very handy to show the chat for people located in my area only.

We had over 60 responses within the space of a few minutes from the USA and then deleted themselves. Would be great if we could restrict to UK only. Please keep us posted on developments.

• Jeff O'Neill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to allow people from all over the world to access my site, but have the TawkTo widget only available in certain countries. There is too much noise from some countries. Please reconsider.

• Kamzik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I wish you nice day. We have a problem on ou r tawk to with spamming jerk using VPN. Is there any way how can I blacklist some country on tawk.to app? I think It could be helpful.

I would like that they could add power to restrict the access to specific properties is to say that if I do not want a client from a country or a specific city can talk to that agent because that ip of that city can not have a talk in that Specific property

There is a spammer using VPN. I would be good if only Philippine IPs will be seeing our chat box.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this be banned? Surely if the feature was added then it's up to the user if they want to apply the block or not.

I think it would be a nice feature to have the option to hide chat from countries that you don't operate in.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If possible I would like the option to block a complete country from visiting our website.

Hello
        I think the option is must that we should choose if we want to Enable or Disable Chat based on Region/state/country

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base