uma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please let me know that user can able to choose select languages for chat? If possible then please provide me steps.

Thank you

• Fred Lam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been asked for more than 2 years.
    Would like to check any feedback? Thanks!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All widdget are set with default language set by admin. I use pre-chat

In this case, if default is french, english visitor is unable to understand the fiels where he must put informations

I find it is a real misconception/improvement to do to...

• Lonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed this yesterday and was very impressed, however it's clear that multiple language based on user's language, browser language or selected site language is necessary.

• Slava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change you widget code.

<!--Start of Tawk.to Script-->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var Tawk_API=Tawk_API||{}, Tawk_LoadStart=new Date();
    (function(){
    var s1=document.createElement("script"),s0=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];
    s1.async=true;
    if (window.location.href.indexOf('/en/')!=-1) {
    s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/............../..............';
    }
    else if (window.location.href.indexOf('/ua/')!=-1) {
    s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/............../..............';
    }
    else {
    s1.src='https://embed.tawk.to/............../default';
    }
    s1.charset='UTF-8';
    s1.setAttribute('crossorigin','*');
    s0.parentNode.insertBefore(s1,s0);
    })();
    </script>
    <!--End of Tawk.to Script-->

• memet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestion would be as follows:

Add an attribute on the client that represents the language. This could be the 2 letter ISO name of the language, for instance: 'EN'. This way, the client has the ability to show the chatbox in the correct language directly.

Example of usage:

Tawk_API.onLoad = function(){
    Tawk_API.setAttributes({
    'id' : 'A1234',
    'store' : 'Midvalley'
    'language' : 'EN'
    }, function(error){});
    };

Or maybe better; something similar could be added to the JS API so that this attribute can be passed to Tawk before rendering the chatbox.

• Manuel Domínguez Dorado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be desirable to allow configuring the widget for more than one language. It would be great that the widget detects the browser language and choose the corresponding widget version or, if not a version for that language, the default language is used. It is useful for multilanguage sites. Also, the widget floatin image "We're here" should be configurable for each language so that the widget appears as "We're here" in english and, for instance, "Estamos aquí" in spanish. The same for the widget theme.

It would be great also to allow hidding the widget (an option in the admin panel) if the language of the browser is not supported. So, an Spanish version of the site could show the widget, but the German version not (it is an example).

Now, the only option is to create more than one widget but is very complex to manage from a technical point of view in an store based in Prestashop (my case).

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a condition on advanced trigger to process browser language.

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Found a solution!!!
    Its possible to use differents assets with different language and layout as you want. The probleme is just to call them at the right time.
    So in javascript i'm asking which language is set in the navigator and depending if its in english or french I call the right src.

for exemple:
    if (navigator.language = "fr")
    {
    s1.src = 'https://embed.tawk.to/5790e/1ao72tkf8';
    }
    else
    {
    s1.src = 'https://embed.tawk.to/5790e/default';
    }

Hope it help you guys!

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the triggers control pannel, add an action wich make possible to load different assets. This will make possible to use different language in multi-language area.
    As exemple I use french and english usualy in my web site. Depending if the customer is in french part of the site, I want to load the chat on his language.

• Marvin Aguilar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have messages and chat from other countries like Russia which we do not understand. We do not cater customers from other countries. Can you make an option that your chat widget will show only globally or just for a certain region or country?

• Tobey Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really be appreciated. Or even just a button that quickly allows the user to switch between English and Spanish - this button would then indicate to the agent that the user has requested to chat in Spanish.

Creating a angularjs directive for Tawk.
    Bonus allowing it to configure a widget per language:

<tawk ng-lang='user.lang' ng-init="widgetMap=[de: 'default', it:'5434ixxx']">

Create a option to filter visitors on a widget level - display the widget only to certain visitors based on geographics.

• Alex Lozano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do it with departments but every agents will receive the chat. It will be very interesting if the departments can be exclusive. Imagine that you have 20 agents, and someone wants only to speak with the account person....

It would be cool to be able to change the widget language from the JS API.
    That way I can serve a different widget specifically for the user

• Jef Kalashnikov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a user visits the page, the website sometimes selects the correct language to redirect the user to. The same could be done with the widget: auto-selecting the interface language for the proper languaged-user.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base