I suggest you ...

Automatically change status to away when inactive

if i am in the admin panel, and i am online. but i walk away from my desk i would like my status to auto change to offline or away when there is no activity for 30 minutes ( or a set amount of time )

840 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Admintawk.to (top bird!, tawk.to) responded  · 

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback.

On the web, we can only detect mouse or keyboard movements when a person is using the web browser. But if that same person is not using the web browser, he can be using other software but but still be at the computer (online), meaning he is just waiting for another incoming message and not using the web browser.

So, We cannot detect the difference and if we implement an automatic away functionality, it would be inaccurate. That’s not what we are about.

Hope this answers your question.

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this feature needs to be there.

But at the same time, many of you are simply looking for a way to tell your customers that you are apparently not available to chat right at this moment. You do know that you can just set-up a trigger that will send an automated message if a message goes without a response after XX amount of time. This is exactly what we are going to use. A simple message after 1 minute of no response that invites them to submit a form with their e-mail, and we will get back to them as soon as we are available again. Not a perfect solution like auto-offline would be, but certainly not a "make-or-break" topic in my opinion.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So lame that the system doesn't have this feature. It is a standard feature in every other chat system I have ever used. You say you are all about the end customer but they are the ones who will be frustrated when it says online and there is no one there.

Yes, easy to say you must change the status, but with our busy lives, it is easy to forget. Give your customers the flexibility to decide why are you so stubborn about this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to get offline automatically after a time inactive or when pc is blocked.

This is a must - tawk.to is broken without it at this point for me. We often have to quickly leave the office to address emergency customer issues and most of our chats end up going unanswered and making people angry. Even something similar to the way that Monitoring ends the session after a period of time without confirming ... or maybe a way to schedule on/off time. I have used this for about a year but am sad to say I am going to have to look for other options.

• A Nawaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi,
        yes i agree with all the comments here we need a auto away or auto message if there is no response from the agent..

• Greenweb BD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do it and make an option to turn off auto goto invisible/away. so these who is inactive but online can switch of this feature but these who really need it can turn on this.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At our business our policy is that all workstations are always left on, but you sign out whenever you walk away for more than a moment or two. It seems that in this case, tawk still shows the agent as online and available. It should not be difficult to add logic to the desktop app so that is makes the agent unavailable if they've signed out of their desktop account...

• Giovanni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could be a very useful function.
        It is not very different from what happens in monitoring for sleep mode.
        This can be a sleep mode for agent.
        Thank's

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am disappointed that this issue has not gotten more attention. It seems like a popular request and other services seem to be addressing it. It also seems like it shouldn't be too hard to solve.

I am certain I will not remember to sign out after every session, so this seemed like it might make tawk.to unusable for my needs. But, I have come up with a very, very crude way of accomplishing the task.

Basically the idea is to use the Windows Task Scheduler to trigger a "logout task" when the system goes "idle". The "logout task" sets the "Action" to:
        "<path_to_chrome>\chrome.exe https://dashboard.tawk.to/logout&quot;

Now, if I walk away from my system and forget to logout, the task will kick in after a few minutes and log me out. There are some negatives:
        - I have only set it to use Chrome. Other browsers may or may not work.
        - It launches the tawk.to web page every time my system goes idle, so I have to manually close the new tab every time I return to my system.
        - Sometimes my system doesn't go into the idle state for some unknown reason. So, the task doesn't run and I don't logout of tawk.to.

I had emailed to tawk.to support, but no one seemed particularly impressed. I had hoped it might inspire someone to take a fresh look and solve it for real.

Obviously this is a total hack and perhaps others are already doing something similar or there are other solutions that haven't been posted. But since I didn't see anyone suggest anything like it, I thought it might be helpful to someone.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a solution for this. Agents forget to log out all the time.

• Ali TEK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will solve this shift problem with javascript code. now I m tired , tomorrow I will code fixing code, it is a big problem for customer engagement. I think it is easy to make fixing code for my websites.

when I do it I will write here.

People don't have the understanding why your auto away feature is declined. Is because Tawk.to is Live Chat system not social messengers. You are supposed to set your status manually. Live means you are sitting at the desk ready to receive messages. If you are going away then set your status. Is that simple

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base